Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Thinking Tree

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Yesterday I shared a card that I made with the wonderful "Life is Beautiful" stamp set from the August-to-December Mini Catalog. That card was one I made for my Christmas card stamp-a-stacks. I promised to show you another card that I made with that set, because it's truly a set for all seasons. Have a look!

Isn't this a pretty spring scene? (Yes, I know it's fall--be patient. I have a fall card, too!) I have always loved pink and green and pink and brown, so why not put all three colors together? I started with a Granny Apple Green Card Stock card base and added a 3/4" by 5" Flirty Flamingo Card Stock mat. Wait! Before I put these two pieces together, I used one of the Tasteful Labels Dies to cut a label out of the center of the Flirty Flamingo mat.

Next, I used a Stitched Rectangle Die to cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped the tree in Early Espresso Ink and the pink blossoms in Flirty Flamingo Ink--some full strength and some stamped off once. I added a bit of Granny Apple Green grass at the bottom. I also stamped the bird house in Early Espresso Ink. Then I ran that through the cut and emboss machine with the Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder so that it looks like it's a picture on canvas. I adhered this to the card.

I stamped the bird house again onto a Whisper White scrap in Flirty Flamingo Ink. I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut just the bird house and adhered it on top of the other image with a Mini Stampin' Dimensional. 

I stamped the sentiment from the "Life Is Beautiful" set in Early Espresso Ink onto Whisper White and cut it out with another of the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered it to the Flirty Flamingo piece I cut from the center of the mat and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to the card.

So, if you're in the mood for a fall card--come back tomorrow and see the gorgeous fall card my BFF made with this set!

Stay healthy! Stay safe!




 
 
 
 
 
Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment