Monday, January 4, 2021

New Year, Same Old Me

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Well, it's a new year--a year most of us have looked forward to with the prospects of being better than the old one and with the vaccines on the horizon, it just may well turn out to be a better year. But in that no good, rotten, horrible year, I was able to find and count my many blessings. I got to spend more one-on-one time with my family (but I missed seeing my brother and in-laws in person); I got to spend way more "me" time than a person should be allowed to have; and I learned to slow down. In short, I had the time to appreciate the blessings I have. I hope I can continue to hold on to this once we restart the world again. 

Even with all this time on my hands, I've been MIA on my blog. I've been making cards, but I haven't taken pictures or written up any blog posts. All that idle time made me just a bit lazy, I guess. I'm going to try to reinvigorate my blogging, but I'm not making any promises, 'cause as the title says, I'm still the same old me!

But the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog comes out and Sale-a-Bration starts on Tuesday January 5th, so it's a fun, fun time to play with new products. As a demonstrator, I got to pre-order stuff and my shelves are full of new toys. I'll be sharing these new items over the next few weeks. As usual, if you'd like to place an order, just click on the thumbnails below my signature block and you'll be taken to my online store where you can make your purchase. (The thumbnails for the new product will be linked after January 5th.)

So let's take a look at a card made with the Dragonfly Garden bundle on page 25 of the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. This bundle is part of the Dandy Garden Suite on pages 24 through 27.

I started by stamping the dandelions from the "Dandelion Wishes" set from the Annual Catalog in Bumblebee Ink onto a 2-3/4" by 3-3/4" Basic White Card Stock* panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Dragonfly Garden" set in Misty Moonlight onto this panel. I adhered this to a 2-7/8" by 3-7/8" Misty Moonlight Card Stock panel.

Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic White Card Stock panel with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. I adhered a 4" by 2-1/2" strip of Misty Moonlight Dandy Garden 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper to this panel and wrapped a length of Misty Moonlight Ribbon around the center before adhering it to a Misty Moonlight Card Stock card base. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the dandelion panel to the card.

I stamped one of the dragonflies from the "Dragonfly Garden" stamp set in Misty Moonlight Ink onto Basic White Card Stock and punched it out with the Dragonflies Punch. I used a Blender Pen to fill in some Misty Moonlight onto his wings and body and then adhered him to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

For a finishing touch, I added some Clear Wink of Stella to the dragonfly and three Gold Metallic Pearls to the card.

Come back tomorrow to see another card made with NEW Stampin' Up product!

Stay healthy! Stay Safe!







*Stampin' Up has discontinued Whisper White products but the NEW Basic White Card Stock is here!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment