Sunday, December 5, 2021

Creation Station: Anything But a Card!

 

#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations   

Hello and welcome to the December 2021 Creation Station blog hop! We are quickly (so quickly) approaching the Christmas holiday and if the design team members are anything like me, we've made tons and tons of Christmas cards. So now it's time for something completely different--projects that are anything but a card. How fun!

I've made a cute gift set that would be perfect for a teacher or co-worker, or your friendly UPS driver. Mine will go to my son and I'll tell you why as we go on.

I made myself a template so that I could wrap a Mini Coffee Cup with a band of striped Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper. I wrapped a smaller strip of a red sheet of the DSP around the center.

Next, I stamped an adorable Santa from the "Be Jolly" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Basic White Card Stock. I colored him with Light and Dark Real Red, Dark Basic Black, Dark Smoky Slate, Dark Daffodil Delight, and Ivory Stampin' Blends. I stamped some stars around Santa's head and colored those with Light and Dark Daffodil Delight Blends. I used some Clear Wink of Stella to color the stars and the "fur" on Santa's outfit.

I cut Santa out with one of the Layering Circles Dies and then adhered it to a scalloped Real Red Card Stock piece that I cut with another of the Layering Circles Dies. I adhered this to the front of the cup with loads of Stampin' Dimensionals.

I ran a length of Tear and Tape around the brim of the coffee cup's lid and then adhered a length of Real Red Mini Ruffled Ribbon, tying it into a big bow.

Next, I stamped the cute little bird in Tuxedo Black onto Basic White Card Stock. I added a sentiment in Real Red Ink and some stars in Tuxedo Black. I colored the bird with Light and Dark Daffodil Delight, Light Real Red, and Light Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends. I also used Wink of Stella on the bird and stars because who doesn't like a bit of sparkle?

I cut this out with a smaller Layering Circle Die, adhered it to a scalloped Real Red circle, and then onto a striped piece of Heartwarming Hugs DSP to match the coffee cup. 

I adhered this piece to the top of a Mini Jam Jar that I'd filled with mini marshmallows and tied a Real Red Mini Ruffled Ribbon around.

I've filled the coffee cup with a couple of packets of hot chocolate mix because my son is crazy about hot chocolate. I'm also going to add some cash because we're traveling over the holidays and I can't carry a load of gifts. And, well, who doesn't like cold hard cash?!

I made a little tag to go along with the set using the "to/from" stamp from the "Be Jolly" stamp set and cut it out with one of the Seasonal Labels Dies.

Please use the link to continue on to the fabulous Mikaela Titheridge and then hop on around the world to visit our blogs and see our creations. 

Have a wonderful Christmas (or Hanukah or Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate)! I wish you peace, and joy and good health in the new year and always!



Product List

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea for a little unexpected gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and happy! Love the mini marshmallows in the jam jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are perfect for that little something to leave on a coworkers desk! So cute. They will brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny.. We had the same idea! The cup and the jamjar with marshmallows 😊 But it looks very different. Yours are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. 소액결제현금화

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. 신용카드 결제 현금화

    ReplyDelete