Tuesday, October 7, 2014

CASed Sketch Thank You

I really like the sketch at the CAS(E) This Sketch blog challenge this week. The design team came up with so many wonderful ideas! 



I started--as I am wont to do--with a scrap of DSP that was in my "scrap  box." I like the colors in this sheet of "Flowerpot" DSP. On my own, I never would have put together Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride, and Crushed Curry--but I like this combination!! And I love the bold triangles. I needed to make a thank you card for a dear friend who sent me a handmade bar of sweet smelling soap as a random act of kindness.

(Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink:Tangerine Tango; Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry; DSP: Flowerpot; Accessories: Banner Punch, LabelCard Thinlit (Arrow), Essentials Paper Piercing Pack)
While I'm trying hard to embrace my clean and simple self, I still needed to add a bit of texture in the corners of this card. It looked too "naked" without the piercing!

1 comment: