Thursday, October 16, 2014

Stencils and Stripes, Oh My!

The Addicted to Clean and Simple codeword for this fortnight is "stencil." I had so much fun using the "Dots and Stripes Decorative Mask" when making my BFF's birthday card that I thought I'd try that again.

I was lazy resourceful and I decided to use daubers that had already been inked up. I had a weird variety of colors and I wasn't sure which would go together. I chose Island Indigo, Hello Honey, and Rose Red. I think they look pretty cool together. I mounted my striped panel onto a Hello Honey panel for an extra pop of color. It was only then that I had to decide what was going to go on top. Since this is a clean and simple challenge and the stripes are definitely a bold CAS choice, I needed a simple image. One of my go-to sets is "Really Good Greetings," so out it came! I hadn't used my "Word Bubble" Framelits yet, so I thought I'd give them a whirl. I think I like the finished product. This card was made using the go-with-the-flow creative technique that I use when I only have a short creative window between driving my kids to and from their various activities!!

(Stamp Set: Really Good Greetings; Inks: Island Indigo, Hello Honey, Rose Red; Card Stock: Whisper White, Hello Honey; Accessories: Dots & Stripes Decorative Mask, Sponge Daubers, Word Bubbles Framelits)

1 comment: