Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Christmas in October Part Deux

Today's card is a lesson in adaptation. I had designed a card for the October session of the Christmas card-making class. It was a real cutie. I got out my "Trim the Tree" DSP pack, grabbed the Real Red card stock and was ready to prep 64 cards only to realize that the "Trim the Tree" DSP is Cherry Cobbler not Real Red. Doh! 

I had to think fast and figure out what I could make with the supplies I had on hand. I had pinned this card on Pinterest as something I might want to do for the Christmas card-making class. I figured it would look good in red and gold--which is what I had available. Pinterest to the rescue!

Here's my version of the card. Love the "sparkle" sentiment!!

(Stamp Sets: Mosaic Madness, Good Greetings (Hostess), Gorgeous Grunge; Ink: Real Red; Card Stock: Real Red, Whisper White; DSP: Gold and Red Glimmer Paper; Accessories: Mosaic Punch, Hexagon Punch (to make flag ends), Basic Rhinestones, Red Sharpie)



No comments:

Post a Comment