Thursday, March 5, 2015

Awesome Blossom

I've been wanting to use the Irresistibly Yours Specialty Series paper. I've seen so many fun samples using those papers. I choose the paper with the embossed leaves and thought it would go great with the Flower Patch stamp set--a set I had to have when the new catalog came out and then neglected to use it!!

Today I'm playing along with this week's Retro Sketch Challenge. As soon as I saw it, I knew I could use the Irresistibly Yours DSP in the design. 




I sponged Garden Green onto the paper--you can keep adding color to darken as you like. I made the bottom darker, left the middle light, and had medium green at the top: kind of an inside-out ombre effect. Then I used a tissue to rub the color off the embossed leaves.

I thought a strip of Gold Soiree Specialty Series paper would add a complementary texture. I stamped the flower in Calypso Coral and cut it out with the matching Flower Fair Framelits. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Pistachio Pudding panel and affixed it to the card. I put the whole assembly onto a Garden Green panel and then onto a Pistachio Pudding card base. 

Another pretty spring-like card made the day we got about 8 inches of snow! The snow sure is pretty. I really do love it. But my stamping is turning to colorful thoughts of spring.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment