Friday, March 20, 2015

#HappyBirthday

I didn't get my act together to play in the last Fab Friday challenge, so I wanted to make sure I played along this time.  The challenge is a sketch and I knew I could make a quick and easy birthday card using some scraps of Sweet Taffy DSP. I also wanted to use some bright colors since today is the first day of spring...even though we had snow this morning! (I'm NOT complaining. I was sad when the last of our snow melted earlier this week!)



I started with a Basic Black card base and added a Daffodil Delight panel onto which I stamped an image from the "Balloon Bash" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black.

Next I took a strip of Basic Black onto which I arranged some scraps of Sweet Taffy DSP. I added a length of Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon. Finally, I added three Rich Razzleberry Candy Dots to complete my simple design.





Product List

3 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the sketch. I like the contrast of black with the bright cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice way to use up DSP scraps! The bright colors along with the bold black look really great! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Kathy!
    I love the black elements in this card, I missed getting that Back to Black DSP. The way you pulled in another color with the Candy Dots and ribbon is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete