Friday, March 13, 2015

Retro Stripes

I took the day off today and I'd planned to get a lot of stamping done. But I decided that I'd tackle cleaning my DD's bedroom. That took forever and by the time I was done I was exhausted and the afternoon had turned into evening.

I had to quickly make a card for the Retro Sketches challenge before hubby was ready to go out for dinner. Sometimes I work well under pressure and I think this was one of the times.



The "Petal Potpourri' sample card in the Occasions catalog has colors that I love together and I started of trying to replicate it, but I couldn't find just the designer series paper that I wanted--and I was in a time crunch. So I found a sheet of Stacked with Love DSP and just went with it.

I used a length of Crushed Curry ribbon from the Best Year Ever Sale-A-Bration Accessory pack to make the line from the sketch. Then I stamped the flower in Strawberry Slush and punched it with the coordinating Flower Medallion punch. These two items come in a bundle--you can just click on the image below and you'll be taken straight to my online store where you can purchase your very own bundle!!

I added a Crushed Curry button from the Best Year Ever Sale-A-Bration Accessory pack that I'd tied with a bit of Whisper White Baker's Twine.

Before I added the flower to the card, I took a long length of Wild Wasabi from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine pack and just put some random loops down. When I added the flower, I saw that the loops look like leaves! What a pleasant surprise!!

Finally, I added some Wild Wasabi candy dots and Basic Pearls as embellishments.


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The black and white stripes are really striking, and paired with the hot pink...well, it just speaks to me. Great card! Bev

    ReplyDelete