Monday, March 2, 2015

Channeling My Inner Lyssa

One of my stamping heroes, Lyssa Zwolanek, has been featuring a bunch of cards using the ombre technique. These types of cards are so easy to do and look so wonderful when you're finished! You should check out Lyssa's creations on her blog: Song of My Heart Stampers.

So, when I saw this week's color combo challenge on the Create with Connie & Mary challenge blog, I knew that I would be channeling my inner Lyssa!

CCMC344

First of all I have to say something about a couple of ink colors. There's something about Real Red that has made me call it the "devil color." I think its possessed! I get it on my fingers without knowing it and then everything I touch--especially an almost finished perfectly stamped card--gets Real Red on it. Oy. And when I use Real Red at a stamping event, well, let's just say the color gets on everyone and everything.

I've recently discovered that Blackberry Bliss is also a "devil color." I can't tell you how many times I stamped the sentiment for this card and got it perfectly aligned using the stamp-a-ma-jig only to find a tiny finger print somewhere on the panel. And there's ink all over the outside of the ink pad. What?!

So, let this serve as a warning: Use extreme caution when stamping with Real Red and Blackberry Bliss since both these colors want to get all over you and everything else!!

The main image on this card is punched with the Petite Petals punch--it's one of my faves! I also like how it coordinates with the little flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. Add a basic pearl to the center and you've got some super cute flowers!! The sentiment is from the "Apothecary Art" stamp set. I can hardly make a card without some ribbon and I love, love, love Stampin' Up's 1/4" cotton ribbon--I have it in every color, including Blushing Bride.


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$4.95

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely CAS way to use this week's CCMC color challenge! I too love the ombre look and these sweet flowers are just perfect for creating it! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary for the Color Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love the ombre rows of flowers! Such a fun technique! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what your mean about Blackberry Bliss - been there, done that. Lol. Using punched card stock is so much safer. Love the ombre look and the simple layout. Fun card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! Love the punched flowers! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to display the challenge colors! I love the layered flowers! So cute! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of your small flower punches to create flowers in the colors. What a great use of the colors and a wonderful look! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete