Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Best Day in an English Garden

#stampinup  I've had a hectic couple of days. I can sum it up in one word:  teenagers. And I'll leave it at that. So I was thrilled to see a quick and easy sketch on the Can You Case It? challenge blog. I pulled this card off in like less than 10 minutes. Oh that's a good idea for a Pinterest board. And, in fact, I have a board called just that: 10-Minute Birthday cards. Check it out. Follow me on Pinterest!!

CYCI#77

So I started with a sheet from the English Garden Designer Series Paper Stack. I used a Night of Navy card base and added a Soft Suede mat. I cut three 1.5" x 4-7/8" strips of DSP and adhered them to the Soft Suede mat. I tied a length of Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Ribbon around the mat and then adhered it to the card base. 

I stamped a sentiment from the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Night of Navy onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched this with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch--a little offset from center--and mounted it on a Soft Suede circle cut with the 2" Circle Punch. I mounted the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I punched a flower from a scrap of Night of Navy cardstock with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhered this to the sentiment circle with a glue dot and then I plopped a Basic Pearl on top. 

So cute! And it was so quick, too!!



Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

6 comments:

  1. This card is lovely, the colors and patterns work so well together! Thanks for playing along with us at canyoucaseit.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose GREAT card thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combination! Thanks for joining us at canyoucaseit.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, your card is simply gorgeous! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! The colors are so rich and regal :) thanks for joining us at CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love , love, love it!! Thanks for playing with us at Can You Case It?

    ReplyDelete