Sunday, July 19, 2015

Creation Station: Happy Birthday to You!



#stampin up  Welcome back to another round of the Creation Station blog hop! This time our theme is birthdays. Our design team will be using the "Build a Birthday" and "Crazy About You" stamp sets. We're featuring the punch boards and the score board. Come along on the hop and see what treats we have in store for you!

For my projects, I've made two versions of the gift bags you can make with the new Gift Bag Punch Board.

I started with a piece of Bohemian Designer Series Paper and cut that to 10" x 6". The 10" makes a small gusseted bag and the 6" makes a 6" tall bag. I had to watch a couple of videos and make a few practice bags before I got the hang of it. I suggest you do the same. Once you "get" the instructions, these bags are easy-peasy to make. Always remember to use a light hand when scoring, because you don't want to cut through the DSP.

I used Island Indigo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, threaded through the gift bag holes, to tie the bag shut. I made a Whisper White tag punched with the Scallop Top Label Punch and I rounded the corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch. I stamped the greeting from "Build a Birthday" in Bermuda Bay. I also stamped an Bermuda Bay Candle directly onto the tag and added a Delightful Dijon flame. I stamped a second candle in Island Indigo on a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it. I adhered this candle to the tag with Stampin' Dimensionals, cut in half. I added a length of Gold Sequin Trim to the tag.


Here's a picture of the bag from the side, so you can see the gusset.
You can also make a gift bag with a flap. Click here for the tutorial or use the "tutorial" tab under the blog heading.

I decorated this bag with a 1" Whisper White Banner flagged with the Banner Triple Punch and an Island Indigo banner topped with another piece of Bohemian DSP that I flagged with the Hexagon Punch. I cut a Gold Foil star with a star from the Stars Framelits collection and added a length of Gold Sequin Trim. I unraveled the gold fiber from the Gold Bakers Twine and added it to the tag. Everything is clipped to the card with the Clothespin.


Here's the bag with the flap open.

Finally, I made a 3"x3" gift card to go along with the gift bags. I kept the gift card simple because the bags are so full of blingy goodness.

I cut a piece of Island Indigo card stock to 3"x6" and added a 2-7/8" square of Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss and added a thin strip of Bohemian DSP. I tied a length of Island Indigo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon to finish the card.
Use the "next" and "back" buttons to continue around the hop. I know you'll love the projects that the Creation Station design team has for you!!

http://theartfulinker.com/creation-station-blog-hop-birthdayshttp://www.inchofcreativity.com/2015/07/creation-station-blog-hop-birthdays.html


Product List

1 comment:

  1. WHAT IS THE SALVATION TIMELINE? BY STEVE FINNELL
    How long does it take for a person to become saved? It takes as long as it takes to believe and be baptized in water.(Mark 16:16)

    On the Day of Pentecost they believed and were baptized in water the same day. (Acts 2:22-38)

    Cornelius, his relatives and close friends believed and were baptized in water the same day. (Acts 10:24-48)

    The Ethiopian eunuch believed and was baptized in water the same day.(Acts 8:26-38)

    Saul (the apostle Paul) believed and then was baptized in water three days later. (Acts 9:9 Acts 22:6-16)

    The Philippian jailer and his household believed and were baptized in water the same hour. (Acts 16:25-33)

    Salvation is an act of obedience. (John 3:16, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9-10, Mark 16:16)

    Salvation is not keeping the Laws of Moses nor is it the performing of good deeds.

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com
    Posted by Steve Finnell at 2:32 AM No comments:

    ReplyDelete