Monday, July 27, 2015

Convention Quality Swap--My Fave!

#stampinup   I stumbled upon Lyssa Zwolanek's "Convention Quality Swap" at my first convention and I'm super glad I did. This is a very popular swap because the cards are divine!! I'm always nervous about this swap because I'm never quite sure if my cards are quite up to the standard. I'm particularly worried this year because my card is so clean and simple.

I'm in love with the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set. I just can't get enough of all the floral designs and sentiments. For some reason, I'm always thinking "blue" when I see these flowers. I decided that my colors for the card would be Soft Sky, Basic Black, and Whisper White. I think these colors are really fresh.

I stamped the flower cascade stamp at the left top and right bottom of a Whisper White panel with Stazon Jet Black ink. Using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I aligned the sentiment and stamped it in Soft Sky ink.

Next, I dropped several drops from the Soft Sky reinker into the lid of the stamp pad and picked up some color with a Blender Pen. I randomly colored the flowers--I did a few petals of one then moved to another then to another. I wanted to spread the color saturation around. I worked quickly and tried not to be too precise and to leave a tiny bit of white space on some flowers. Coloring is not my forte, but I think the watercolor wash effect looks really pretty here.

I thought I was finished, but the card was just too plain. After all, this is a convention quality swap--and I hadn't used one embellishment! So out came my trusty Basic Black Stitched Satin ribbon, which, if you hadn't notice, I LOVE!! I'm already on my second spool! I think the card is really soft and pretty. I hope the other CQS stampers agree.



Product List
102845s
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment