Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Awesomely Artistic Birthday

#stampinup   When I saw this week's CAS(e) This Sketch challenge, I started looking for a large-ish stamp image that I could use as a focal point. I didn't initially think about the "Awesomely Artistic" stamp set, but I haven't used this set yet and thought it might work out nicely.

I stamped the open art floral design in Basic Black Archival Ink in the center of a Whisper White panel. Then I colored the flowers with Pink Pirouette and Watermelon Wonder Stampin' Write Markers. I then colored the flowers again, blending the inks a bit, with a Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker. I colored the leaves with a Mint Macaron Stampin' Write Marker and added some darker accents with a Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Marker. I was very pleased with how this turned out especially since:  I hate to color! 

I adhered the Whisper White panel to a Basic Black mat. Then, I stamped a sentiment from the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a strip of Vellum card stock, which I wrapped around and adhered to the back of the panels before adhering them to a Pink Pirouette card base.

Somehow, one of my inky fingers made a stray mark on the card, so I cleverly concealed this by using the splatter stamp from "Awesomely Artistic," stamping off, in some cases. Thus, I fulfilled the stamping adage: There are no stamping mistakes, only stamping opportunities.



Product List

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! I love how you stamped the sentiment on the strip of vellum!

    ReplyDelete