Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Christmas in September Part Three

#stampinup   Today I'm sharing the last of the three cards we made at the September session of my annual Christmas card-making class. I originally found the card on Pinterest and I've gotta give props to the person who actually designed the card: Sandi MacIver. Sandi is one of my favorite stampers--I know you'll love her work, too. You should visit her blog and check out her awesome creations.

My card is almost a complete Copy and Steal Share Everything (CASE) job. I didn't add the extra banner behind the sentiment and I didn't add one of the awesome Reindeer Paper Clips--because when your class is making 60 cards, that becomes a bit too dear (see what I did there?). But I did add an Old Olive mat to my card for a little more pop of color.

For my card, I started with a Crumb Cake card base, cut lengthwise and oriented horizontally, if that makes sense. In other words, it opens on the right. I added the Old Olive mat.

For the main panel, I ran another Crumb Cake panel through the Big Shot with the Woodland embossing folder. I used a dauber to dab Versamark ink onto the trees so they would have a bit of color to them. Next, I added some ornaments from the "Among the Branches" set to the branches with Whisper White Craft Ink.

Then I stamped the "making spirits bright" sentiment from the "Among the Branches" set in Old Olive onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch.

I added a strip of Cherry Cobbler washi and a strip of Pear Pizzazz washi from the Season of Cheer Washi collection. I also added a 3" length of White Glitter Ribbon. I added the sentiment on top of these using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finally, I tied a bow in a length of Cherry Cobbler Thick Bakers Twine and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.

Thanks for the inspiration, Sandi!!

 

Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment