Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You're My Fave!

#stampinup  At this year's Stampin' Up #InspireCreateShare #Convention2015, I was the winner of a prize patrol. It's such a thrill to win a prize. I won the adorable "Howl-o-Ween Treat" set. I love the "Harry Potter" choosing hat, the wide-eyed owl, and the skull. I like cartoon skulls. I don't know why, but I do.

When I saw the current Fab Friday sketch challenge, I knew I'd use the skull from the "Howl-o-Ween Treat" set!



I started with a Halloween-like color scheme: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, and Tangerine Tango. I stamped the starburst stamp from the "Kinda Eclectic" stamp set in Versamark onto a Basic Black panel and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.

Next, I punched a 2" Circle of Tangerine Tango card stock and embossed it with the Chevron Embossing Folder. I stamped the skull in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and fussy cut it. (The "Howl-o-Ween" stamp set coordinates with "Boo to You" Framelits Dies--but I don't own them.)

I grabbed a banner made from Typeset Specialty Series Paper that I had lying in my "card parts" pile on my desk. I added a length of Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon and a length of Gold Glitter Ribbon. I adhered these to the card. Then I adhered the Tangerine Tango circle and the skull with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I needed a sentiment--and I spied the perfect "card part" on my desk! I had a strip of Whisper White onto which I'd stamped a sentiment from the "Words of Truth" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink. I flagged the ends with the Banner Punch and added it to the card. Perfection!
Here's a closer look at the starburst. I love how it provides a subtle background for the collage elements. 



Product List
133519s
[133519]
$13.00
129053s
[129053]
$30.00

1 comment:

  1. I love the clear embossed starburst behind your skull...really neat element! The gold glitter ribbon is a fun unexpected embellishment on a Halloween card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete