Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Twinkle, Twinkle Folded Stars

#stampinup  Here's another project I made for the Splitcoaststampers September Creative Crew. This challenge was to make a tag or ornament that could be made at a workshop.

I love Stampin' Up's Typeset Specialty Series Paper. It's vintage and it can be used for almost any occasion. I also love that it's much thinner than regular designer series paper, almost the thickness of a page in a book. This makes it easy to fold into shapes.

I've seen strings of folded stars made from book pages all over Pinterest and I've been looking for an opportunity to try my hand at it. If you search Pinterest (paper stars origami), you can find great projects--and some great instructions on how to make origami stars.

My stars started as an 8.5" by 8.5" sheet of Typeset Specialty Series paper. I followed the tutorial to fold it and cut it into a pentagon shape and then the second half of the tutorial showed me how to fold it into a star. Squee! I loved how easy it was and how super cute these stars turned out. Once you make one, you'll be addicted!


I made two more stars and then threaded a needle with Stampin' Up's Gold Metalic Thread to string them together. I know I'm going to make several more of these and decorate an old-fashioned Christmas tree this year.


If you try your hand at these stars, I'd love to see your pictures!!
 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment