Friday, November 20, 2015

Birthday in Neutrals

#stampinup   My new stampin' friend, Bev Gerard*, posted this beautiful card on her blog yesterday. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it and knew I would have to CASE (copy and share everything) it. I switched it up just a little bit--adding a few of my own touches. The simplicity of this card really speaks to me. I just love it! Thanks for the inspiration, Bev!

For my card, I started with a Tip Top Taupe card base and added a Basic Black mat. Just like Bev, I embossed a Very Vanilla panel with the Modern Mosaic Embossing folder. I copied Bev's banner made with Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper and flagged it with the Triple Banner Bunch. I added a length of my favorite Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon.

I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with one of the Chalk Talk Framelits. Following Bev's lead, I adhered the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

So simple, so elegant...and so quick!



*I met Bev at last summer's #InspireCreateShare #Stampinup convention. She's the sweetest person. {HUGS} for you Bev!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment