Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fab Autumn

#stampinup   There's nothing like waiting until the very last minute of a deadline. I sometimes work better when I pressure myself. When I saw the sketch at this week's Fab Friday challenge blog, I loved it and thought it would make a fun card. But here it is, Wednesday night, just hours before the challenge closes and I'm scrambling to make a card. As usual.



I knew the autumn stamp from the "Among the Branches" set would be the perfect center for the design, so I stamped this in Cajun Craze onto Whisper White and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I wanted to change the sentiment a bit, so I stamped "give thanks" from the "And Many More" set in Mossy Meadow onto a Crushed Curry scrap, punched it out with the Word Window Punch and adhered it to the circle.

Next, I cut a strip of the dotted Mossy Meadow sheet from the English Garden Designer Series Paper and flagged the ends with the Hexagon Punch. I embossed a Crushed Curry mat with the Zig Zag Embossing Folder and adhered it to a Soft Suede card base.

I was temporarily flummoxed by the circlets of Linen Thread behind the circle. I finally put some adhesive onto the card itself--rather than on the circle--and that worked out much better. Once I got the Linen Thread where I like it, I adhered the circle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I finished the card by adding some Pumpkin Pie Candy Dots, as show in the sketch.



Product List

2 comments:

  1. KATHY! I have reached for that stamp 1,000 times but put it away, not knowing what to do with the "tasty dishes" part. This is a perfect solution! Love the colors and texture of your card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Fab Friday sketch challenge. I'm happy you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only one who scrambles at challenge deadlines! It must work for you! I like how you altered the sentiment and the geometric design in the embossing plays well with the dots on the DSP! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete