Monday, November 9, 2015

Silent Christmas

#stampinup   When I saw this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge, I immediately thought about using the "Wonderland" stamp set, some gold Winter Wonderland Designer Series Paper, and a Gold Foil Doily. But I had to change my plans just a bit.

Paper Craft Crew Challenge 169. #papercraftcrew #cardsketch

I started with a Basic Black card base. I added a Whisper White mat that I embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Next, I added a piece of the gold Winter Wonderland DSP and tied a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon on. 

It was a this point that I realized the Gold Foil Doily was going to get "lost" on the Winter Wonderland DSP--but I had a brilliant thought (thanks Brandi)! I got out my they're-not-just-for-Halloween Spider Web Doilies and carefully cut away the webbing to leave the lacy medallion. Perfect!

Next, I stamped the trees from the "Wonderland" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White piece. I backed this with a Basic Black mat. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with one of the Ovals Framelits Collection. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals as well. 

To finish the card, I added one of the Iced Gemstones Embellishments that I've been hoarding and never used until now!!

I really like how this card turned out. I may make some more!



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Gold and Black are hot this year, and you've done it perfectly! Thanks for joining Paper Craft Crew Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the combination of products and textures here Kathy. What a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the partial spider web doily, Kath! The black satin ribbon looks scrumptious with the gold in the DSP. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the details, use of gold and texture on the card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and look for your card to be featured on this weeks Top 3 post.

    ReplyDelete