Monday, November 16, 2015

Happy Scene Swap Card

#stampinup   This past weekend I attended the first ever Stampin' Up #OnStage2015 event in #Baltimore.  Stampin' Up always puts on a great show and this new format did not disappoint! We got sneak peeks at new stamp sets, designer series papers, tools, embellishments that will be in the upcoming Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure. We learned some great sales techniques, too, all given in the spirit of Stampin' Up's statement of the heart "to love what we do and share what we love..."

At all Stampin' Up events, we demonstrators love to share our work with each other and we do this by swapping cards. I swapped 30 cards over the weekend and got back some amazing cards. I have a lot of ideas for my own creations. 

Today I'm sharing one of my swap cards that I added my own touches to. The original card uses two stamp sets that I don't have, but the execution was a little too bland for me. So I added some elements to make the card sparkle and shine!

The card uses the trees and snowflakes from the "Happy Scenes" stamp set, stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink onto a Basic Black panel. The "let it snow" sentiment from that set is stamped at the top. The designer also stamped two of the snowflakes from the "Flurry of Wishes" set in Smoky Slate onto Whisper White and punched them out with the coordinating Snow Flurry Punch. She adhered these to the Basic Black panel with Stampin' Dimensionals and added a little bling to the center of the snowflakes with a couple of drops of Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details.

Then I got to work:  I adhered the Basic Black panel to a Smoky Slate mat and wrapped a length of 1/8" Silver Ribbon around before adhering everything to a Real Red card base.

For a final bit of sparkle, I added some iridescent Dazzling Details to the trees. The card really sparkles IRL.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment