Friday, September 8, 2017

Autumn Trees Times Two

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   This time of year, when summer is turning into fall, we get the most awesome sunsets.  The leaves are starting to come off the trees, but they've still got some foliage on them.  I love these crisp almost fall evenings! Occasionally, I'll see a sunset and think: "I could stamp that."

The "Lovely As A Tree" stamp set has been around for ages. Every year I think I'll pull it out and use it to stamp trees at sunset. I haven't gotten around to it until now. And I did two versions!

First I used the swoop image from the "Work of Art" stamp set and, starting from the bottom, stamped one swoop in Pear Pizzazz (stamped off once), Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, and Cajun Craze onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Shimmery White panel.  Then I stamped the row of trees from "Lovely As A Tree" in Basic Black Archival Ink. I added a sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons," also in Basic Black Archival Ink.

I adhered the stamped panel onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat and then onto a Pear Pizzazz Card Stock card base. Simple and pretty.

I thought it might be fun to try to blend the colors into each other, so I stamped them again--this time without the Cajun Craze, and then used an Aqua Painter to blend the colors into each other.
What do you think? Which version do you like better? And a special bonus question: Can you spot the mistake? Both cards have the same mistake...but I don't care because they're still awesome, if I do say so myself (and I do)!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment