Monday, September 4, 2017

Hearts Come Home

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog (click on the icon on the right!) has some awesome stamp sets, designer series papers, and accessories! It was hard for me to choose what to order. I wanted it ALL! But I had to restrain myself.

The "Hearts Come Home" set and the matching Hometown Greeting Edgelits were first on my list! (Well, second if you count the "Carols of Christmas" set that was available as a preview!) I love the images and sentiments in this set. I created this card for my September Christmas card-making session. That's right! If you want to make this card and two others, check out the details at the tab above. Not in the Ellicott City, Maryland, area? Hit me up and we'll see what we can work out!!
I started by stamping one of the houses from the "Hearts Come Home" set in Old Olive onto a 1/8 sheet of Whisper White Card Stock. Then I stamped the tall house in Real Red. I added the trees in Old Olive, stamped off once, and then Santa and his sleight in Smoky Slate. The smoke from the chimney of the Real Red house is done in Smoky Slate, too, stamped off once.

I cut the stamped image out using an oval Stitched Shapes Framelit and adhered it to a scalloped Basic Black oval that I cut with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White piece and cut it out with a smaller Stitched Shapes Oval.

Next, I cut a 3" by 5" piece of Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper and adhered it to a 3-1/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Basic Black Card Stock. PROTIP: If you want to save paper, you can cut the scalloped oval from this piece of Basic Black before adhering the DSP. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Old Olive Card Stock. Everything is adhered to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base.

I adhered the large oval directly to the card with Snail Adhesive and I adhered the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out. I know my Christmas card stampers will love it, too!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment