Monday, September 25, 2017

Hurry Up, Fall!!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I don't know about the weather in your neck of the woods. But it's supposed to be fall. You know, crisp, cool air, gentle breezes, the smell of falling leaves. Here in central Maryland it was in the nineties on Sunday. Stop! Please! Fall is my second favorite season (Winter is first, in case you're wondering) and it needs to get here already!

If I can't change the Maryland weather, at least I can make some pretty fall-themed cards, right? Today and tomorrow I'll be sharing the last two fall cards that we made at the Proverbial Stampers get together. They both use the "Pick a Pumpkin" stamp set.

For today's card, we stamped the sentiment from the "Basket of Wishes" set in Early Espresso Ink onto a Very Vanilla circle that we'd punched with the 2-1/4" Circle Punch. We also stamped two of the pumpkins from the "Pick a Pumpkin" stamp set in Tangerine Tango ink onto Very Vanilla scraps. We stamped the gourd from the same set in Old Olive Ink onto Very Vanilla. We used the matching Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies to cut out these elements. The stamp set and thinlits come in a bundle, which, when you purchase them together, saves you 10% over purchasing them separately.
Next, we ran a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Old Olive card stock through the Big Shot with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I'm telling you, I totally missed that folder in the annual catalog, but it's da bomb! It's already on my October purchase list!

We wrapped a length of Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon around the embossed Old Olive mat before adhering it to an Early Espresso Card Stock card base. We added the stamped circle and pumpkins and gourds to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this is my favorite card of the fall cards we made at our gathering!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment