Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Beautiful Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It's a beautiful day here in central Maryland. The sun is shining. It's warm (not too warm). There's a gentle breeze. It's a perfect spring day. One blessing of being quarantined and not going out to work every day is that I get to see my beautiful neighborhood every day. I'd miss that if I were at work all day. I'm seeing my neighbors more often--from a safe distance--as they're out and about walking, jogging, tending to their yards. I could (almost) get used to it.

In honor of this beautiful spring day, I've made a beautiful birthday card. I'm not calling it "beautiful"--the card says it's beautiful. See?


I absolutely adore this color combination! I love any combo with black and white and a pop of color. The subtle color pops are Petal Pink and Mossy Meadow.  For this card, I started with a Basic Black Card Stock card base. Then I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Panel with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder. I used the Banner Triple Punch to flag the ends of a 1" strip of Petal Pink Card Stock, a 2" strip of Basic Black Card Stock, and a 1-1/2" strip of Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper. After I adhered these to the Whisper White Panel, I trimmed the tops of the strips. I wrapped a length of Petal Pink Striped Organdy Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to the card base.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Painted Glass" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch. I cut a Petal Pink Card Stock circle with one of the Stitched Shapes Dies. I adhered the label directly to the circle and then adhered the piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added two Melon Mambo Noble Peacock Rhinestones. See? I told you that the card itself said it is beautiful!

Stay healthy. Stay safe. Stay home.















Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment