Sunday, April 5, 2020

Creation Station: It's What's on the Inside that Counts!


#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations   Hello there! I hope you and your family are staying happy and healthy. We're hunkering down here at home in central Maryland (USA) and trying not to get on each others' nerves. Being a family of introverts, we pretty much keep to our own rooms, so we've been successful at avoiding any family squabbles. I've found it nice to be able to have dinner together each evening. That's not something that we're often able to do. And I've had loads of time to craft and relax. How about you? What have you been doing?

Our international blog hop theme for April is "It's What's on the Inside that Counts!" and our task is to create a project with a simple front that offers a sneak peek to something ultra special inside. I'm really pleased with how my project turned--and I hope you will be, too!

My darling daughter studied abroad last year in England and France and I've been wanting to put together some of her photos in a keepsake. I thought this little fold-up surprise would be perfect for her. I used products from the Parisian Blossoms Suite on pages 14-17 in the January-June 2020 mini catalog. Here's the front of the keepsake.



I adhered a 4-1/4" square of Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper directly to the front of the keepsake. Then I added a 4" Vellum square, using Mini Glue Dots strategically placed behind elements. I stamped the postmark images from the "Parisian Beauty" stamp set in Stazon Jet Black Ink directly onto the Vellum and set it with my Heat Tool.  

For the Eiffel Tower, I stamped the image from the "Parisian Beauty" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto a Champagne Foil Sheet, sprinkled on some Shimmer Black Embossing Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut this image out with the coordinating Parisian Die.

I wanted the "amour" die cut to shine, too, so I stamped a strip of Basic Black Card Stock directly with Versamark Ink and set it with the Heat Tool. Once it cooled, I stamped the strip again with Versamark, sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and then some Clear Embossing Powder. I set it with my Heat Tool and when it was cool, I used the "amour" Parisian Die to cut it out.

Here's how the keepsake looks when you untie the ribbon and start to open it.

Inside the keepsake, I adhered 4-1/4" squares of Parisian Blossoms DSP, cutting some on the diagonal when they were part of a folded section. I added pictures from my daughter's trip and some Parisian Dies die-cut elements.


I've made a little tutorial on making the fold-up keepsake, just click on the tab at the top of the blog for instructions.

I hope you enjoyed my project.   

Next up is the amazing Jennifer Downey who is sure to surprise you with what she's hiding inside!

http://www.stampinglane.com/2020/04/creation-station-blog-hop-its-whats-on.html?fbclid=IwAR1nSfD0DzUQ_7Xdc8OfEPGg71zk0uX2cYM-TvqBgjh14wzBPB8rQI-7jio















Product List

3 comments:

  1. What a great Parisian keepsake album--love this fold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing make, Kathy. A perfect keepsake album for your Daughter's trip to Paris. J'aime Paris. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely keepsake project Kathy. I've not seen one like this before and love it xx

    ReplyDelete