Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bloomin' Nacho

#stampinup  It's spring, even though it feels like summer already, and it's time to bring out our bright colors. Today, my card is based on this sketch at the Nacho Average Challenges blog.



I started with a piece of Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper, but abandoned that idea rather quickly when I couldn't get a good color match. So, I switched tack and began again with a Pacific Point card base that I'd embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing folder.

Next, I made a bright flower using the "Flower Patch" stamp set and matching "Flower Fair" Framelits. The largest flower is stamped in Daffodil Delight. The middle flower is stamped in Tangerine Tango. And the smallest flower is stamped in Melon Mambo. I piled the flower parts on top of each other and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The tag is made from a 2" strip of Tangerine Tango card stock that I punched with the Scalloped Top Label Punch and rounded the corners with the Project Life Corner Punch.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the "Flower Patch" set in Melon Mambo on a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. I attached this with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I think the simple design and the bright colors are a real WOW!


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Looks like summer! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!

    ReplyDelete