Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Winning Birthday

If I said I was cleaning up my stamping desk, I wouldn't be truthful. How about if I said I was looking for something I lost in the mess that is my stamping desk and stumbled upon a pile of "card parts," would that be more believable? So that happened.

I have a pile of elements or what my BFF affectionately calls "card parts" on my desk. My pile consists of leftovers from designs that didn't quite work out how I'd planned and element that I've pulled off of swap cards that are usable even though some of the other elements have retired. I realized that several of my card parts are about to retire, so I'd best get hopping to make some cards with them!

I've add this badge from the "Blue Ribbon" set for quite a while. I really like how the stamper (is it you??) pulled together the Island Indigo and Hello Honey elements. Throughout my work day, in slow moments, I start thinking about what I might create for the blog. Today, I thought this Island Indigo badge element would look great on a Basic Gray mat, embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.

I added the embossed Basic Gray mat to an Island Indigo card base. I also added a strip of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper and a length of Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon. Then I plopped the badge on and added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the "And Many More" set, punched with the large oval punch.


Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment