Friday, May 1, 2015

Fresh Wedding




#stampinup 

Several of the young women at my church are getting married this year. What an exciting time! I guess I'd better get busy creating some wedding cards for them!

This week's sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog was just the ticket for a congratulatory wedding card. 

I chose a scrap of "Painted Blooms" Designer Series Paper and that set my color scheme. I started with a Blackberry Bliss card base, cut lengthwise. I added a Basic Black mat as a contrast to the Whisper White panel that I embossed with the "Lovely Lace" embossing folder. I added a strip of DSP paper to this assembly.

Next, I stamped the tag frame from the "One Tag Fits All" set in Blackberry Bliss onto a Whisper White piece and added the "Happy Wedding" sentiment from the "Celebrate Today" set. I punched this out with the "Note Tag" punch and then mounted it onto a Blackberry Bliss tag punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. I rounded the corners with the Envelope Punch Board, but you could easily use the Project Life Corner punch. I mounted this element with Stampin' Dimensionals and I'm done! 


Product List

2 comments:

  1. How lovely this is! I love the texture and these rich, elegant colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a lovely monochromatic card - WW and BB are an elegant colour combo for a wedding card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete