Friday, May 29, 2015

It's That Time of Year

#stampinup   A time for graduations and a time for retiring the 2013-2015 In Color collection.

When I saw this week's sketch at the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge blog, I immediately knew that I would use the "Work of Art" stamp set. I need to make graduation cards, so I also pulled out the "B.Y.O.P." set for the sentiment. The only trouble was I needed two sentiments to complete the sketch and the "B.Y.O.P" set didn't have what I needed....so, I also grabbed the "Celebrate Today" set. Funny fact: When I first started stamping a million years ago, it never occurred to me that I could use more than one stamp set on the same card! Silly me!



I also wanted to use some Coastal Cabana paper and Pistachio Pudding ink before they retire in a few days. All good things must come to an end and I'm sad to see the 2013-2015 In Colors retiring. I'm exciting about the new 2015-2017 In Colors--especially with the way they coordinate with the 2014-2016 In Colors.

I started with a Whisper White panel and used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up the zigzag on the left in Coastal Cabana and then the zigzag on the right in Pistachio Pudding. Both the "B.Y.O.P." and "Celebrate Today sets are photopolymer, so you can see through them for perfect placement.

Next, I used the Chevron Embossing Folder to emboss the top of the Whisper White panel. I tied a length of Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine (retiring) around the card and adhered everything to a Coastal Cabana card base. It's just that simple. Now, which grad will get this card?


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$4.95

1 comment: