Sunday, May 17, 2015

Creation Station Free For All--New Catalog Sneak Peek!!

#stampinup


Hey there! Welcome to this week's edition of the Creation Station blog hop. We're so excited about this hop because we get to use NEW Stampin' Up! products from the NEW catalog!!! This is a sneak peek, y'all. The new catalog goes live on June 2nd. Hop around the blog and take a gander at a few of the awesome items in the catalog and start making your wish list!!

Before we get started, I know you're dying to know about the NEW 2015-2017 In Colors, so here they are!

10687941_10205742563140069_2861569660306541569_o

I'm sure your eagle eyes have also spied some other new product on this picture. The cards use the awesome new "Watercolor Wings" stamp set, the new Bold Butterfly Framelits, the new In Color Blossom Accents and Dotted Lace Trim.

Now let me share what I've made with my new goodies. I used the "I Think You're Great" stamp set. This set has two textured stamps and three greetings and helps you use the "kiss" technique. I stamped the sentiment in Delightful Dijon and then stamped/kissed onto one of the texture stamps to pick up the pattern and then stamped onto Whisper White. I punched this with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.

I wanted to use some of the fabulous new Bohemian Designer Series Paper on a card and I hit on the idea to make the DSP the focal point of a Pop Out Swing Card.

I started with a half sheet of Island Indigo card stock. I used the 3-1/4" Square Framelit to cut a window out of the front panel. Then I embossed the front with the Arrows Embossing Folder. Next, I used the same 3-1/4" Square Framelit to cut a square of Delightful Dijon card stock. I cut a 3" square from one of the Bohemian DSP sheets and mounted this onto the Delightful Dijon square.

Next I cut a 5"x6" piece of Delightful Dijon card stock and scored the 6" side at 2" and 4", creating three 2" panels. I adhered the right panel to the inside of my card base using Fast Fuse. I added a 1/4" strip of DSP inside the card for a little more interest.

I added some Fast Fuse to the right side of the DSP square, closed the card, and then attached this to the left side of the Delightful Dijon insert.

Finally, I tied a length of Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Cotton Ribbon around the card to hold it closed and to give the card a finishing touch. It's just that simple!






Wondering about that yummy Rich Razzleberry piece the card is sitting on? That's the reverse side of the DSP I used on this card.

You can continue hopping around the blog by using the next and back buttons. Be sure to do that because I know you're going to see some more awesome new things that you're just going to have to have!!



http://www.inchofcreativity.com/2015/05/creation-station-blog-hop.html

http://www.sarahklass.com/blog/new-catalogue-sneak-peek-some-fun-new-friends

Product List



4 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this card. I saw that pattern of dsp and wondered how I was going to use it. By using only a small amount it worked really good! I see a case in the future for a class!! Thanks for sharing..
    Stampin Hugs, Linda

    Just signed up to get Your blog in email. Looking forwarding to seeing much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. I usually post on weekdays. I hope you find some inspiration!!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, Kathy! This is a great fold, and I agree - it really showcases the gorgeous Bohemian DSP (that's on the top of my list to get!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card really works that piece of the Bohemian DSP well!

    ReplyDelete