Thursday, May 21, 2015

Another Fab Baby

#stampinup  I usually have about an hour or two in the evenings to get a card designed and created and photographed and blogged about it. Today was a mad rush to get lots of things done. I worked my 9-5 job, left a couple of hours early, took my son to the dentist, picked up a prescription at the doctor's office, made my kids dinner at Chik Fil-A, picked up my hubby at the tire repair shop, had dinner with hubby, dropped him back at the repair shop, came home, spent 20 minutes designing and prepping this card, took my son to soccer practice until 10 PM, rushed home and put the card together, and now it's 11 PM and I'm blogging. All in a day's work, right?



So with that in mind, I needed a quick and easy design to work from and the sketch at this week's Fab Friday challenge blog was just the ticket! I decided to use the "Baby Bumblebee" stamp because I love it and because it retires on June 2nd--and it's a big ol' stamp that would fit well with this quick design.

I inked up the stamp in Baked Brown Sugar (also retiring--and probably sold out by now) and then used a baby wipe to omit the sentiment. I stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out with an Oval Framelit. I adhered this to a Hello Honey oval cut from the next size Oval Framelit.

I used a Coastal Cabana card base (also retiring) and embossed it with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder (NOT retiring!!) and added a strip of Lullaby designer series paper (you guessed it: retiring). I added the oval assembly to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next I stamped just the sentiment onto a strip of Whisper White card stock. I flagged the end with the Banner Punch. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The part of the baby bumblebee that also stamped on the strip is hidden behind the ovals.

Finally, I threaded a piece of Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine (retiring) through a Whisper White Designer Button and adhered it to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional. PRO TIP: I adhered the button to the card before tying the bow. This stabilizes the button, making it easier to tie the bow.

Really, this card came together in about 20 minutes. Despite the hecticity that is my life, I relish the creative oasis--even when I have to squeeze it in!


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$12.95

3 comments:

  1. Hey busy lady! Love how you "made your kids dinner at Chick-fil-a" so funny! This card is darling! I love the use of the hexagons in the embossing and the DSP and that you changed the square panel to an oval! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - this is soo sweet. Great use of colors and texture with this sketch. Thanks for playing along with this sketch challenge at FabFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love that stamp, they always get rid of the great ones huh??!! I know, I know, even better ones are coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete