Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Retiring Critters

This week's challenge at the Fab Friday challenge blog is to use the 2013-2015 In Colors that are going to retire in just a few short weeks. I'm going to miss these colors. I love the soft pastels and how they coordinate so well with each other. We've had a good run and I guess it's almost time to move on.



I'm also using a soon-to-retire stamp set that I adore: "Cheerful Critters." When they showed this set at the Holiday Catalog Reveal I squealed out loud. Really. I kid you not. They're so stinkin' cute. I'm going to miss them, too.

For this card, I wanted to do a little something different since I really don't like to color because I'm never satisfied with the result. So I stamped the bear in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the bottom corner of a Whisper White panel. Then I stamped him again onto a scrap of Coastal Cabana and again onto a scrap of Baked Brown Sugar. I fussy cut the bear's shirt and glued it onto the image on the Whisper White panel. And I fussy cut the bear's head and both his arms and glued them on as well.

I cut the Whisper White panel down a bit so that the Crisp Cantaloupe mat--that I embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder--would show a bit more. I tied a length of Baked Brown Sugar Baker's Twine around these and attached everything to a Coastal Cabana card base. Still stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself (and I do)!


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$4.95

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card!! Love the brown bear!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the piece-work on this cute little guy! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job paper piecing the bear! This set was one of my favs from the Occasion catalog too! You gotta love animals holding signs. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete