Monday, May 4, 2015

Stylish Flower

#stampinup  I'm so, so, so, so sad that the "Petal Potpourri" stamp set is retiring at the end of the Occasions catalog period (June 2nd). It's one of my favorite sets!! So, I'm going to be using this set as often as I can for the next month.

The challenge on the Create with Connie & Mary blog this week is a cute sketch. I thought I'd use some designer series paper strips to make the stripes, but they just weren't bold enough for me--plus I didn't like that I was going to have to glue them right onto the card stock. It just didn't seem finished to me, KWIM? 

CCMC353

Then I got the idea of using the Dots & Stripes Decorative Mask to make my own stripes! Yay, me! I used a sponge dauber to pick up ink directly from the Wild Wasabi stamp pad and pounced three stripes onto a Whisper White card stock mat.

Next, I embossed a smaller Whisper White mat with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder and attached it to a Wild Wasabi mat. I attached this to the striped mat with Stampin' Dimensionals. I then tied a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon at the bottom and adhered the entire assembly to a Daffodil Delight card base.

I stamped my favorite of the "Petal Potpourri" flowers in Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White and punched it out with the Flower Medallion punch (NOT retiring!). I mounted the flower onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set in Wild Wasabi onto a scrap of Whisper White and punched it out with the Small Oval Punch (retiring). It took me a while to figure out where this piece would go. It got lost mounted directly on the Whisper White stripes. It looked like an eyeball when mounted onto a Wild Wasabi oval. And then, with a spark of creativity, I mounted it in the center of the flower. Pure genius!  I'm so happy with this!!


Product List

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute and cheerful! I love the mixed stripes - using the mask for the vertical stripes was smart! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    PS I am with you on Petal Potpourri - I will miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bummed that Petal Potpourri didn't make it, too! Such a fun set! I love how fresh your card is with the bright yellow flowers, the green grass color and then the crisp white. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenger this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and stylish card - I love the bright yellow and green combo and your beautiful stamped flower. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is pretty ingenious too! I really like how you incorporated the diagonal stripes on the foreground to complement the background. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thinking on the Dots and Stripes Mask! I love your choice of soft colors. Just perfect for spring! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what pretty colors! I also love your diagonal textured stripe pattern mixed with the verticle stripes....very nice! Thanks for playing with us at Create With Conning and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and simple and absolutely DELIGHTFUL!!! Yellow is such a happy color and yours is just wonderful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the clean and fresh feel of your card - the embossed front with the stencilled stripes make a neat pairing! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete