Sunday, May 3, 2015

Creation Station: Celebrating Mom!

#stampin up


Welcome back to the Creation Station blog hop! This time our theme is Mother's Day and we're featuring the "Mothers Love" and "Painted Petals" stamp sets from the Occasions catalog. The featured product--also from the Occasions catalog--is the Large Kraft Journal. All three of these products retire on June 2nd, so get 'em while you still can!!

In honor of new mothers, I've made a baby journal using the Large Kraft Journal. I thought this would be nice to have on hand to jot down things like Baby's stats from all those doctor appointments, as well as Baby's firsts and Mom's thoughts about Baby and motherhood.

I used the smaller circle and the striped circle from the "What's Your Type?" stamp set and mounted them on the same clear block. I stamped these randomly on the front of the journal with Versamark and embossed them with Clear Embossing Powder.

Next, I created a faux belly band from "Lullaby" Designer Series Paper. I had originally wanted a real belly band until I realized it wouldn't slide off over the journal's tabs. (Seems like that would be obvious...but it wasn't.) I tied a length of Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon around the entire journal (Mom can untie this to open the journal).

I made a flower from our White Filter Paper by punching 8 2-3/8" scallops. I punched a hole in the center of the scallops, inserted a Mini Silver Brad, and then scrunched the layers to make a flower. I added the flower to the journal with Stampin' Dimensionals. I thought about spritzing the flower with Hello Honey ink, but I like the flower plain for this design.

Punched 6 circles with the 2-3/8" Circle Punch for the tabs. I used the "Alphabet Rotary" stamp to stamp "Stats," "Firsts," and "Thoughts" onto 3 of the circles. Using Snail Adhesive, I attached these to the internal pages of the journal and backed them with another circle.

I tied 6 lengths of Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine together for a multi-strand bookmark, so Mom can mark where her next entries go.

For the final element, I cut a Hello Honey label with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. I used Versamark and the smaller circle and striped circle from the "What's Your Type?" stamp set again. On top of this, I added a Note Tag punch stamped in Baked Brown Sugar with the "Happy New Baby" sentiment from the "One Tag Fits All" stamp set. I like to round the corners at the end of the tag so that it matches to the top, so I used the Project Life Corner Punch.

The entire piece is attached to the journal with Stampin' Dimensionals. I thought the duckie looked a little bland, so I stamped another duck onto a scrap of "Lullaby" DSP, fussy cut it, and paper-pieced it to the duck. 

I also made some coordinating thank you notes for Mom to give to those who stop by and bring gifts for Baby.

I cut 4 pieces of 3"x6" Baked Brown Sugar card stock. (Only 3 cards are pictured.) I cut a 2-7/8" square of "Lullaby" DSP, added a length of Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon and adhered this to the front of the cards. 

Next, I stamped the frame from the "One Tag Fits All" set in Baked Brown Sugar. I added a sentiment from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set. I punched this out with the Note Tag Punch and adhered it to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.




Finally, I stamped the striped heart stamp from the "Pictogram Punches" set in Hello Honey on some Whisper White scraps. I like how the stripes in the heart coordinate with the striped circles on the Journal. I added a small heart epoxy sticker on each heart to mimic the clear embossing on the journal. Here's a close-up of one of the cards--you can kind of see the sheen from the epoxy sticker!





Well, those are my projects. I hope you enjoyed them! Use the "next" and "back" buttons to keep hopping around the blog! I know you'll be inspired by the design team's creations. I know I'm always inspired by them!

http://stampandcreate.net/creation-station-blog-tour-happy-mother's-day/
http://theartfulinker.com/mothers-day-creation-station-blog-hop



Product List
129053s
[129053]
$29.95


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Love how you decorated the journal, and made the matching cards, Kathy! Any Mom would love to receive this set as a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute cards! And the way you've used the large journal is genius.

    ReplyDelete