Friday, May 8, 2015

Painted Blooms Birthday Set

#stampinup When the Occasions catalog first came out, we were wowed by the awesome Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper. At the catalog reveal, we saw the original painting that was copied for this paper. Who could cut that paper? 

Well, Patty Bennett did--and she showed us all how to do it! You can see Patty's blog entry here. I'm going to show you how I adapted the cards with the sets and supplies I have on hand. I made all 6 cards in less than 30 minutes!

Remember, this paper is only available through June 2, 2015. So get it while you can, because you know you're going to want it when it's gone!! You can buy all these supplies by clicking on the images at the end of the blog post.

These first two cards are on a Soft Sky base and the sentiment is from the "Flower Patch" set stamped in Rose Red right onto the DSP. I tied a length of Soft Sky Seam Binding Ribbon on each card.


I used a Rose Red card base for the card in the back. I stamped the sentiment onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it with the Decorative Label Punch. I attached this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also added a length of Soft Sky Seam Binding Ribbon.

For the card in the foreground, I used a Wild Wasabi card base and I stamped the sentiment right onto the DSP in Wild Wasabi ink. And I added a length of Wild Wasabi Seam Binding Ribbon.
 

These cards are both made with a Rose Red card base and a Wild Wasabi mat. The sentiment is stamped onto a Whisper White scrap in Rose Red and punched with the Decorative Label Punch. The sentiment is attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment