Monday, May 11, 2015

HoJo Bloom

I've got to admit: when I first saw the color combination at this week's Create with Connie & Mary color challenge, all I could think of was

     CCMC354

Then I sat down to start creating and I had a little trouble. I like the way the "Blended Bloom" looked stamped randomly in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White. I backed this with a Bermuda Bay mat and then layered it onto a piece of Tangelo Twist Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper. I attached everything to a Bermuda Bay card base and I thought it looked pretty good. Oh wait. Gold is the third color.

I tried adding some Gold Sequin Trim, but that didn't work out. I tried scattering some Gold Sequins, but that didn't work out either. Finally, I hit on the idea of adding a shiny gold sentiment from the "And Many More" set and that did the trick!!


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the repeated blossom stamp and how you used it for its outline rather than colouring it in. Really nice! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Blended Bloom makes a really great all-over pattern. I love this monochromatic look in Bermuda Bay, with just a hint of the other colors. Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I love the very small touch of gold! Really wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great when you make your own designer paper! I love how you 'snuck' the gold in there with the simple greeting! DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you used the outlined Blended Bloom to create your design and the orange and gold are just the right amount to add interest and compliment rather than overwhelm. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that blossom does look great as a background image! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge last week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete