Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pass on Random Acts of Kindness

The three day weekend has gotten me a bit discombobulated. I usually make two cards on Tuesday because I attend Bible class on Wednesday nights and I get home late and don't have time. But Tuesday seemed like a Monday and I plum forgot to make two cards.

So here I am, late again, but still taking a few creative minutes. Fortunately for me--and perhaps for you, my dear readers--my stamping friend Lydia gave me a great idea! On her blog, Understand Blue, Lydia tells the story of a clerk at a grocery store who was especially kind to her in the wake of all the devastating flooding in the Austin, Texas, area. Lydia is fine (thank goodness), but the clerk actively sought to find out that she was fine. Who does that?! Read Lydia's blog entry for the full story.

Lydia invited her blog followers to pass that kindness back to Damian (the clerk) and asked us to make cards to send to him. What a wonderful idea!

I grabbed the "Kinda Eclectic" stamp set because I really like the sentiment "A little kindness goes a long way," which seems appropriate here. I used the sheet of "Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack" that looks like bricks as my background. I stamped the sentiment and embossed it in Whisper White. I think it looks like graffiti on a wall. I backed this with an Early Espresso mat, but thought it was too plain, so I added a length of Early Espresso 1/4" Cotton Ribbon. I hope that doesn't throw off the masculine feel, but the card just needed something. I adhered this to a Cajun Craze card base.

My card is all set to go to Damian to thank him for his act of kindness to my friend. I'm sure he's kind to everyone he runs across. People like Damian remind us of the good in this world!


Product List
129053s
[129053]
$29.95

No comments:

Post a Comment