Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Gotham City

#stampinup   I learned a bunch of new techniques from stamping artist extraordinaire, Lydia Fiedler, at the #ublueunwind pre-convention stamping retreat. She really helped me come out of my comfort zone with a few of the techniques. Lydia doesn't mind taking chances, making mistakes, OR getting messy--she's a lot like Ms. Frizzle in that way. 

Image result for ms. frizzle

I don't know what Lydia called this technique...I was out of the classroom getting a Starbucks. When I returned, everyone had on rubber gloves. Oy. It turned out that the technique wasn't all that messy!

What we did was stamp the cityscape image from the "Calling All Heroes" photopolymer stamp set in Tempting Turquoise onto a Whisper White panel. Then we dabbed our gloved finger into a Blackberry Bliss ink pad and swiped the color on top of the Tempting Turquoise. I swirled my Blackberry Bliss, but next time I think I'll just swipe. Still, I love how this turned out!

We stamped the sentiment from the "You've Got This" set in Tuxedo Memento Black. We added a tiny strip of Silver Foil paper at the bottom of the white panel and punched a bunch of stars from the Silver Foil with the Confetti Stars Border Punch. I used snail adhesive to adhere my stars--just a little dab of snail--but the new Fine Tip Glue Pen would be perfect for this!

When I got home, I added a Blackberry Bliss panel before I adhered the image and panel to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base, using Stampin' Dimensionals. Awesomesauce!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment