Thursday, August 27, 2015

Lydia's Flowers

#stampinup   Today I'm sharing another fabulous card designed by Lydia Fiedler. I purchased the instructions from her Blue2You online class because I want to know how she creates such beautiful works of art. You should check out Lydia's Blue2You online classes so you, too, can create like a boss!

I actually changed the card up a bit...mainly because I got my inky fingers on the top part of the Whisper White card stock. Ugh.

I started with a Whisper White panel and stamped two different stems from the "Wild About Flowers" stamp set in the new Basic Black Archival Ink. Yes, that's right two DIFFERENT stems. What?! I never would have thought to do that. Seriously. I just don't think out of the box like that. I can't tell you how long it took me to realize I could make cards with more than one stamp set. I know!!

Anyway, to make the multicolored flowers, I folded up a baby wipe, put some drops of Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo reinker onto it, and then used this as my "stamp pad." Cool, huh

I was going to put the sentiment at the top of the panel, but, like I said, I got ink on it, so I cut down the stamped portion and backed it with a Basic Black mat. I tied a length of Melon Mambo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon around this piece. 

I embossed a Melon Mambo card base with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder and adhered the stamped panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with an oval from the Ovals Framelits collection. I mounted this piece onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals as well.

I feel a little rebellious for not following the instructions, but I really like how this turned out.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment