Sunday, August 16, 2015

Creation Station: Christmas in August



#stampinup   Welcome to another fun Creation Station blog hop! Today we're celebrating Christmas in August. Our fun task is to use any Christmas set in the annual catalog or in the upcoming holiday mini catalog. Our technique is embossing--either with powders or folders.

As usual, I've been super busy between work and vacation, so I've only got one project for you. I hope you'll like it! I used the "Wonderland" stamp set from the upcoming holiday mini and several items from the Winter Wonderland suite of goodies.

I stamped the "silent night" sentiment from the "Wonderland" stamp set in the new Basic Black Archival Ink onto a sheet of Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper. I set the ink with my heat tool and then punched it out with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch. I adhered this to the largest of the Gold Metallic Foil Doilies.

Next I embossed a Basic Black panel with the Wonderland embossing folder. Then I threaded a needle with a length of Gold Metallic Thread and then added 8 gold stars from the Metallic Sequins Assortment. I adhered this to the Basic Black panel.

I adhered a 4.25"x5.5" piece of striped Gold Fancy Designer Foil Vellum to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base. I added the embossed Basic Black panel to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added the sentiment assembly with Dimensionals as well.


Here's a closer look at the Wonderland embossing folder. I'm going to be using this folder a lot! I also wanted you to see that the star sequins are just suspended on the thread, randomly, so that they can twinkle and shine when the recipient pulls the card out of the envelope.

To keep hopping around the blog hop to see all the other wonderful Christmas creations, uses the "back" and "next" buttons below.

http://stampedsilly.blogspot.com/2015/08/creation-station-holiday-catalog-sneak.htmlhttp://www.sarahklass.com/blog/creation-station-forced-festive-fun


Product List
129053s
[129053]
$30.00

2 comments:

  1. your buttons take me to a picture...not the next blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, stringing the star sequins, Kathy! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete