Monday, August 3, 2015

You're All Kinds of Awesome!

#stampinup  One of my very favorite stampers, Lydia Fiedler, hosted the Understand Blue Unwind Retreat the day before the Stampin' Up convention began. She taught us several amazing background techniques, which were way out of my comfort zone, but with Lydia's instruction I learned how to make beautiful cards just like Lydia does! 

Lydia is a warm and funny person and I've been stalking her online and she let me stalk her in person while we were in Salt Lake City. I met a bunch of her other friends (minions, sherpas), too, and they were all warm and inviting, too. I had a wonderful time with this gang and I learned some new stamping tricks, too!

This technique is called "ink pad smoosh." Like the technique says, we "smooshed" three ink pads onto a Silicone Craft Sheet.  We used Tempting Turquoise, Blackberry Bliss, and Daffodil Delight. Then we spritzed the Silicon Craft Sheet with water and dropped the Watercolor Paper onto the ink. We dried this first color layer with a Heat Tool.

Next, we went back to the same Silicone Craft Sheet and picked up the mottled colors by dropping the Watercolor Paper on top again. Rinse and repeat as many times as you like, drying thoroughly with the Heat Tool between each color layer.

I backed my smooshed paper with a Blackberry Bliss mat before adhering it to a Crumb Cake card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

We stamped a sentiment from the "Words of Truth" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a strip of Whisper White card stock and flagged the ends. I added my sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this card is all kinds of awesome. And Lydia, herself, is all kinds of awesome, too!!



Product List
129053s
[129053]
$30.00

1 comment:

  1. What a fun technique - and a very cute card:) Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete