Monday, January 15, 2018

Lookin' Sharp

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It was love at first site when I saw the True Gentleman Suite in Stampin' Up's Occasions catalog. There's something about bold designs and clean lines that I'm really drawn to. Plus, both the "Truly Tailored" stamp set and the True Gentleman Designer Series Papers have a bit of whimsy to them--and who doesn't like a bit of whimsy?

For this card, I let the DSP shine. I used the Tailored Tag Punch to punch six hexagons from the True Gentleman DSP. I stamped one of the sentiments from the "Truly Tailored" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and punched that out with the Tailored Tag Punch as well. I cut two of the hexagons in half and adhered each to a corner of a 3-3/4" by 5" Very Vanilla mat. Next, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the stamped piece and then another DSP hexagon, just to the right of that. Once these pieces were down, I eyeballed the placement of the middle upper and middle lower hexagons. I adhered this piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Night of Navy mat and then on to a Tranquil Tide Card Stock card base. I stamped the bow tie in Night of Navy onto the corner of a Very Vanilla Envelope.

I don't always stamp the insides of my cards, but I was inspired to add an "innie" to this one. I stamped another sentiment from the "Truly Tailored" stamp set in Tranquil Tide onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Very Vanilla mat. I added the cute art deco design just underneath in Night of Navy. I adhered this piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Night of Navy mat and then to the inside of the card. I think the finished card is truly tailored, indeed.

When you purchase the "Truly Tailored" stamp set and Tailored Tag Punch together in a bundle (wood mount item #146089/clear mount item #146752), you'll save 10% off purchasing them separately. If you purchase the True Gentleman DSP (item #145593) to go along with the bundle and the True Gentleman Card Stock Pack (item #145595), you'll reach the $50 sweet spot and can earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item! It doesn't get better than that!!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment