Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Stay Classy!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I make a lot of birthday cards. (I may not actually send the cards, but that's a story for another day.) Most of the cards I make aren't exactly suitable for a man. Sometimes I can make do with a not so frilly card, but I rarely set out to make a manly man card.

All that changed with Stampin' Up's True Gentleman Suite in the Occasions catalog! Yes, Stampin' Up has offered--and still offers--some great manly stamp sets, but the True Gentleman Suite really sings to me. And it's so easy to create a quick, manly man card! Take a look at this one!

I started by adhering a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of pinstriped paper from the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper collection to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/4" piece of Night of Navy Card Stock. I adhered this directly to a Very Vanilla Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped one of the awesome (and manly) hexagon sentiments from the "Truly Tailored" stamp set in Night of Navy onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the Tailored Tag Punch. You can purchase the "Truly Tailored" stamp set and Tailored Tag Punch together in a bundle and save 10% off the price of purchasing them separately.

I cut a 3-3/4" by 1-3/4" piece of Vellum Card Stock and adhered it to the card with Snail Adhesive. Then I cut two 4" pieces of Basic Gray 1/4" Shimmer Ribbon and adhered them to the card. This ribbon is awesome--you can earn a 3-pack of this ribbon with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration! I finished the card by adhering the hexagon with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

This is truly a perfect card for a gentleman in your life (see what I did there?)!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment