Friday, September 7, 2018

Slothy Big Thanks

#stampinup     #faithfulinkspirations   OK. I've gotta ask you: who doesn't love a sloth? They are pretty cute as they lumber along, not going anywhere fast. If you look closely, you'll find the most adorable sloth on one of the sheets of Stampin' Up's Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper. I used him as the focal point of today's card--along with another fun DSP sheet.
I cut a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Animal Expedition DSP and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Call Me Clover Card Stock card base.

Next, I cut a square of Whisper White Card Stock with one of the Stitched Shape Framelits. I cut the center out of this piece with a smaller Layering Squares Framelit to make a frame. I cut the DSP with the sloth image to fit the square and adhered it to the frame. I adhered the frame to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Don't you love the look on the sloth's face? I'm not even sure he knows that bird is sharing his branch!
Finally I stamped a sentiment from the "Animal Outing" stamp set in Call Me Clover Ink onto a 3/4" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. I centered this in my Banner Triple Punch and flagged the end. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

So there you have it. A week of ideas using products from the Animal Expedition Suite on pages 26 & 27 of the annual catalog. If you want to make your own cards, you can click on the product pictures below my signature to be taken to my online store. Or, if you'd like to host a workshop with your friends and make some of these cards, contact me and we'll get something scheduled.

Have a great weekend!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment