Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Thank You, Big Time

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I hope you're enjoying my week-long series of cards featuring products from Stampin' Up's Animal Expedition Suite of products on pages 26 & 27 of the annual catalog. The first two cards featured the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper and today's card does the same. However, today's card's DSP is much more subtle and adds just a bit of texture to the background.
The DSP is cut to 3-3/4" by 5" and adhered to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Berry Burst Card Stock mat. I wrapped a couple of lengths of Night of Navy Baker's Twine around these pieces before adhering them to a Night of Navy Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the rhinoceros from the "Animal Outing" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto Smoky Slate Card Stock. I cut him out with one of the Layering Squares Framelits and adhered him to a Night of Navy scalloped square that I also cut with the Layering Squares Framelits. I colored the bird with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Animal Outing" set in Night of Navy onto Smoky Slate, cut it out with a smaller Layering Square Framelit, and adhered it to a Night of Navy scalloped square, also cut with the same framelit set.

I finsihed the card by adhering the stamped elements with Stampin' Dimensionals. I think the textured DSP in the background really pulls the design together--and the pops of Melon Mambo make it sing!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment