Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sailing Away

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Welcome to the FaithfulINKspirations Sunday bonus blog post! I usually post Monday through Friday and take the weekend off, but someone (I won't say who, ahem) forget to hit the publish button last week so you get a Sunday bonus! I'll be back to my regularly scheduled Monday through Friday posts tomorrow!


When the "Swirly Bird" stamp set first debuted in Stampin' Up's annual catalog, it didn't catch my eye. But after I saw loads of examples, it was a "must-have" set for me. I love the elements and all the different things you can create with it. I wanted to create a special card for a coworker who is sailing away into retirement. And I have a tip for you that I'm so excited to share!!




I started by embossing a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White Card Stock with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder. I initially did this just to add some texture, but when I took a good look at it, I realized it looked a lot like watercolor paper, and, oh my goodness! It was a revelation!! You can make your own faux watercolor paper!! I used an Aqua Painter to lay on a wash of Soft Sea Foam and a wash of Blueberry Bushel Inks. I was so pleased with the effect!


Next, I stamped the sailboat parts from the "Swirly Bird" stamp set in Blueberry Bushel, Soft Sea Foam, and Crumb Cake Inks onto Whisper White Card Stock. I fussy cut each piece with my Paper Snips and adhered them to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the flag in Blueberry Bushel directly onto the Whisper White Panel. I adhered this piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Blueberry Bushel Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.


I stamped a sentiment from the "Thoughtful Banners" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Vellum Card Stock. I sprinkled on some Gold Embossing Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. Then I punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered this to the sailboat with some strategically placed Glue Dots. I finished the card by adding some Twinkle Adhesive-Backed Sequins.






I'm so pleased with how this card turned out. I know my friend will love it, too!


















Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment