Monday, September 10, 2018

Tranquil Adventure

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm at the time in my life when many of my coworkers are retiring. I'm not jealous or anything. No, really. I'm not. OK, maybe a little. I actually have the time and the age where I can retire, but I still have a couple of kids in college and I still really enjoy what I do for my "day" job. Plus it keeps me stocked with pretty Stampin' Up gear for my "side hustle." So, I'm not retiring quite yet.

This week I'm featuring cards I've made for those folks who are lucky enough to be retiring and starting a new phase in their lives. Stampin' Up has a good assortment of images, framelits dies, and sentiments to use for making retirement cards. First up is this beachy card made with the Seasonal Layers Framelits and some clever non-computer cutting and pasting!

I adhered a 3-1/2" by 3-1/2" piece of Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper to a 3-3/4" by 5" Tranquil Tide Card Stock mat. I adhered a 1-3/4" by 3-1/2" piece of Wood Textures DSP to the bottom of this piece to form the deck surface. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Tranquil Tide Card Stock mat, then a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock mat, and finally onto a Balmy Blue Card Stock card base.

I cut a 1/2" by 3-1/2" piece of the same Wood Textures DSP to form the deck railing. I then cut several 1/4" pieces of the same DSP as the posts for the deck. I adhered these to the Tranquil Textures DSP piece so that it looks like the deck overlooks the water.

I cut two Adirondack chairs from Whisper White Card Stock using one of the Seasonal Layers Framelits and adhered these to the card. I stamped two tropical drinks--one in Lemon Lime Twist Ink and one in Fresh Fig Ink, and both with Powder Pink straws--onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut them out with the matching Seasonal Layers Framelit. I adhered these to the card with a Glue Dot.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Tranquil Tide onto a Soft Sea Foam Card Stock and cut it out with the Pretty Label Punch. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.









 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment