Sunday, September 2, 2018

Creation Station: Power of the Punch

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Hello there! Welcome to the September 2018 Creation Station blog hop! This time we're featuring projects made with Stampin' Up's awesome punches. My projects this time are fairly simple--I have to keep them simple because I'm getting ready to go out of town on a 3-week business trip and I have so many things to take care of. But there's always time for a little stampy creativity, right?

First up is a card that uses punches to create negative space--and contains a little punchy tip for you!
I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel and punched 1", 3/4", and 1/2" circles out of the left side. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper, letting the edges of the DSP show around the panel. I adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I stamped a sentiment from the "En Route" stamp set in Fresh Fig Ink directly onto the card. Then I stamped the same sentiment onto Whisper White scraps, masking word "awesome" to give me some space around the words. My trick is to use the Classic Label Punch to punch out individual words. I can never fussy cut my words straight enough--so I use the Classic Label Punch and snip the vertical spaces between the words. This trick also lets you arrange the words as jaunty angles, if you like. I adhered the snipped words to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

My next project uses the Daisy Punch and Leaf Punch. When I heard about the theme for our hop, I knew I'd make something with these two punches and I let that idea cogitate for a while until everything came together in a really easy, but beautiful project. I had this tin chalkboard in my studio just waiting to be used and the combination came together just as I had imagined!
First, I stamped a sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Versamark Ink right onto the chalkboard. I sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool.  I wasn't sure that was going to work, but goodness! It turned out perfectly! (I'm a messy embosser--I always have stray powder. I'm OK with that.)

The flowers were super easy to make. I made one each of Berry Burst, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight. For each flower, I stamped the daisy from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set in its own color on its own card stock. So, I stamped the Daffodil Delight flower in Daffodil Delight Ink onto Daffodil Delight Card Stock, and so on. I stamped three of each flower. Then I took my Blender Pen and picked up some more ink and colored in the petals of each flower. I punched them out with the Daisy Punch and curled the petals back with the Bone Folder. I stacked each flower on top of the other, adhering them together with a little bit of Snail Adhesive.

For the centers, I stamped the daisy center stamp from the "Daisy Delight" stamp set in Versamark onto Early Espresso Card Stock. I cut that piece out with the 1/2" Circle Punch. For each flower I also punched one 1" circle and one 3/4" circle of Early Espresso. I used my Paper Snips to fringe the edges of the 1" and 3/4" circle pieces. I held each piece, pushing my thumb into the center to make a cup, and then flicked the fringed edges to rough them up.

I adhered the centers to the flowers and continued pushing with my thumb to make the cup in the center of the flower. You have to keep working, flicking, pushing, shaping the paper until you get it to look like a flower.

I adhered the flowers to the chalkboard with Stampin' Dimensionals. (I suppose you could use a glue gun, but ain't nobody got time for that.) I punched three leaf sprays from Granny Apple Green Card Stock and adhered them to the chalkboard with Glue Dots, tucking them behind the flowers. Even after the flowers were adhered, I kept fussing with them and shaping them.
Well, that was fun! I hope you were inspired--and if you'd like more inspiration, then hop onto our next design team member Tanya Bell by clicking on the next button below. See you next time!

http://stampingt.com.au/blog/creation-station-power-of-the-punch/












Product List
Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your negative space card--cool use of the circle and classic label punches. I want to know who's getting that wonderful daisy tray (hint!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so much fun! Love your punch projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super simple, yet very effective technique for your card. Love this idea. I also love the colours you've chosen for your daisy project. Gorgeous! .... xx ps. Love the colour of your nail polish too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations, Kathy. I think your flowers are a bit fabulous, and thankyou for the tip for making the centres. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love both projects- the simplicity & sentiment of the circle punch card, and the incredibly gorgeous daisies of the mini-chalkboard project. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy,the punched layer on your card is a fun way to let designer paper peek through. And, your chalkboard is such a cute gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete