Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Beautiful Season

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ChristmasInJuly    It's Wednesday, so it's time for a little Christmas in July. I'm making some prototypes of the cards my stampin' friends will be making at our Christmas card stamp-a-stacks. I try to do a variety of styles and colors so that everyone is happy with some of the cards. Actually, I've never heard any grumbling about the cards I design for them. I'm fortunate in that way! Today's card uses non-traditional colors, which is also something I try to achieve. Who wants to see Christmas cards in only greens and reds? Not me!

I started by stamping the big sentiment from the "Merry Christmas to All" stamp set in Pear Pizzazz Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I cut this out with the largest circle Stitched Shapes Die. I adhered it to a large scalloped Pear Pizzazz Card Stock mat that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Dies.

Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel with the Woodland Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Pear Pizzazz Card Stock mat. (By the way, here's a bonus Protip: cut the scalloped circle from the middle of this layer!) Then I adhered everything to a Pool Party Card Stock card base.

I stamped the double tree image from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Pear Pizzazz Ink and cut it out with the matching Nature's Roots Die. I adhered two pieces of Burlap Ribbon to the back of the sentiment piece and then adhered that to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the trees to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (on the left side) and Snail Adhesive (on the right side, on the sentiment piece).

For some finishing touches of shine, I painted over the trees with Clear Wink of Stella and I added three Clear Epoxy Droplets. I'm really liking how this card turned out!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment